Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Digital Technology Center and a member of the Graduate Faculty in the Biomedical Informatics and Computational Biology Program at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus.
Feathers in My Cap
- My Ph.D. dissertation, titled Cyclic Combinational Circuits, received the Charles H. Wilts Prize for the Best Doctoral Research in Electrical Engineering at Caltech, ranked as the top university in the world.
- My paper titled The Synthesis of Cyclic Combinational Circuits, received the Best Paper Award at the Design Automation Conference, the top conference in the field of electronic design automation, with over 10,000 attendees annually.
- I received a CAREER Award, the National Science Foundation's most prestigious award in support of junior faculty.
My Work Experience
- I have many photos from the Caltech era, 2000 – 2005.
- Some recent pictures are on my Facebook profile.
- Unfortunately, most of my recent pictures are in a big, disorganized mess in various folder, on various computers. Check back soon.
My Contact Information
- Email: mriedel at UMN in the domain EDU.
- Phone: (612) 625-6086
- Fax: (612) 625-4583
- Office: room 4-167, EE/CS Bldg.
- Mail: room 4-174, EE/CS Bldg.
- Packages: room 2-130, EE/CS Bldg.
- Address: 200 Union St. S.E., Minneapolis, MN 55455
My Current Location
(More precisely, my iPhone's location.)
Last Updated Sat Sep 24 15:37:51 CDT 2016.
My Historical Location
Plain Google map of where my iPhone has been since 2014:
Google Earth map of where my iPhone has been since 2014:
(Warning: These pages might not display on a mobile browser. They'll take a long time to load on a regular browser.).